SetJam, an international startup based in New York and Warsaw (read a TechCrunch article about us), has been acquired by Motorola Mobility and then by Google last year and now by Arris. In our effort to build the technologies that power the TV of the future, we are looking for great developers who get their kicks from solving hard problems! Help us develop our live database of TV and movie information.
We are looking for talented Python developers who get their kicks from solving hard problems.
What do we require?
- Excellent Python skills
- Good understanding of basic CS concepts: recursion, pointers, higher-order functions...
- Working knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems
- Ability to use version control systems (Git, Mercurial, Darcs, SVN)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Basic understanding of web technologies: HTML, CSS, JSON and XML
It will be a huge plus if you grok:
- Test-driven development
- Machine learning
- Other programming languages (Haskell, Clojure, other Lisp dialects, Smalltalk, Prolog, Erlang...)
What can we offer?
- Blood, toil, tears and sweat.
- Interesting technical challenges.
- The possibility to work on a big, non-trivial project that uses cool technologies like EC2, SQS or RDS.
- A reasonable work methodology: We’re an agile shop. We do orthodox TDD, use Git for source control, continuous integration, have a separate staging environment, etc.
- We have a positively awesome office in one of the best Warsaw neighborhoods (Old Mokotów, right next to the Morskie Oko park).
- We have very comfortable chairs.
- Competitive salary (10-14k PLN).
How to apply?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe (in Polish or English) the most interesting technical problem you have ever worked on. It doesn't have to be Python related.
- Attach a résumé (in English) and include any other relevant information. We are interested in GitHub, BitBucket, LinkedIn profiles, Open Source or research activity... Stuff like that.
- We will confirm that we have received your email as soon as we get it. We will let you know if we are interested in an interview within a couple of days.